The coronavirus took a hit on everything in 2020. For the first time in 50 years, one of the biggest events of the United States entertainment industry, Comic-con, will see a virtual gathering.
Adding itself in the list of things going virtual this year, Warner Bros. has announced that it is bringing together some of the biggest names in the DC Comics universe for a 24-hour digital gathering – a DC FanDome. The 24-hour immersive virtual fan experience will feature anything and everything from the DC Multiverse — and it’s all free! Finally, a good year for DC fans.
This year will also see DC mark its 1,000 issues since the first appearance of Batman in the DC Universe. To celebrate this huge occasion, DC is all set to release DC’s Detective Comic issue #1027. DC is prepared to be a fan favourite during this pandemic!
The event will feature a merging of all our favourite DC superheroes and super-villains from the past and present and will be available at DCFanDome.com for a 24-hour time frame. Fans will be treated to highly anticipated announcements, exclusive footage and the latest news from WB Games, film and TV, and comics, as well as an opportunity to hear from the casts and creators from its vast library of DC films and TV series.
The lineup includes Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, Lucifer, Pennyworth, Shazam!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen and Young Justice: Outsiders.
On top of that, fans will have the chance to hear more about the much-talked-about Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which will drop on HBO Max in 2021 as well as the forthcoming Wonder Woman 1984, which is set to open in theatres October 2.
Fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language.
“There is no fan like a DC fan,” said Warner Bros. chair and chief executive officer Ann Sarnoff. “For more than 85 years, the world has turned to DC’s inspiring heroes and stories to lift us up and entertain us, and this massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets, and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favourite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen.”
Fans will also be able to dive deep into the DC Multiverse via five additional satellite worlds:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back, and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring the cast, creators, and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment, and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products, and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareable; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
In addition to everything DC is bringing for its fans, DC FanDome has set the second annual celebration of Black nerd culture with the all-new Blerd & Boujee House. DC FanDome has also teamed with Talenthouse, to launch a call for the best DC Fan Art & Fandom displays. They encourage fans to show off their cosplay, makeup, tattoos, and any DC-related creative venture. Selected artists on the day of our event will be voted on by the community in each of our two competitions in order to help our judges pick selected artist winners. Selected artist winners will receive part of a cash prize. Fun and winning, this is it!
To make it more accessible to people of different ethnicity, DC FanDome will be available in 10 different languages — Brazilian, Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
The news of DC FanDome came shortly after San Diego Comic-Con announced their own at-home virtual edition for July.
Stream DC FanDome on August 22, 2020, on DCFanDome.comFollow us on Instagram & Facebook to keep yourself updated with the latest news and reviews.