The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will still go with the decided November date for its 48th International Emmy Awards, according to the announcement made by the organisation. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, however, there had to be some changes in the method of judging.
Semifinal judging will now take place online as decided by the organisation. The nominations shall be announced towards the end of September and as mentioned, the date for the 48th International Emmy awards is set for 23rd November.
The International Academy in a statement has said that it “is exploring and working on various configurations for its November gala celebrations with an in-person component, should circumstances permit.”
The judging panels of The International Emmy are hosted by people at in-person events at the award function. Usually, the hosts of this award function invite and recommends jury members in these panels to vote and decide each category’s nominees.
This year it will be different as all online semi-final judging will be conducted by the Frame.io video platform online.
“We’re proud to say that the International Emmy Awards competition is on course for its November celebrations thanks, more than ever, to our members and sponsors,” said International Academy President and CEO Bruce Paisner. “They say it takes a village to raise a child, but it takes the world to run this global competition.”
The International Emmy Awards competition always has three rounds of judging over a period of six months.
Here are the members who will host a remote semifinal round of judging this summer:
- Active TV Asia, Michael McKay (Singapore)
- Apple Tree Productions, Piv Bernth (Denmark)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Michael Carrington (Australia)
- Bang Media Group, Keiko Bang (India)
- Broadview TV, Leopold Hoesch (Germany)
- Buena Vista Original Productions, Mariana Perez (Argentina)
- Cyber Group Studios, Pierre Sissmann (France)
- CTC Media, Vyacheslav Murugov (Russia)
- Eccho Rights, Fredrik af Malmborg (Sweden)
- EndemolShine Boomdog, Alejandro Rincὸn (Mexico)
- Fremantle, Sheila Hall Aguirre (USA)
- Globo TV, Carlos Schroder (Brazil)
- HBO Latin America Group, Flavia Vigio (USA)
- Huace Group Croton Media, Fang Yin (China)
- Helion Pictures, Steven Bawol (France)
- IMZ – International Music + Media Centre, Franz Patay (Austria)
- Inside Content, Geraldine Gonard (Spain)
- KBS (Korea Broadcasting Company), Sung-Dong Yang (Korea)
- Mesimvria Enterprises, George Xinaris (Cyprus)
- Monday Production, Lasse Halberg (Norway)
- NBCUniversal International Networks, Marcello Coltro (USA)
- Sato Company, Nelson Sato (Brazil)
- Sonae FS, André Sampaio (Portugal)
- Star Media, Vlad Ryashin (Russia)
- Stripe Studios, Alex Breingan (New Zealand)
- Telemundo, Marcos Santana (USA)